Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Watch what a little skate looks like inside an embryo, from the Gillis Lab at the University of Cambridge
- Follow the Fur Bearers, a Vancouver-based mammal conservation organization, on twitter!
- Invasive Asian carp found in Great Lakes, beyond electrified barrier. By Oliver Milman, for the Guardian.
- 6 things you’re missing if you’re not watching deep sea research live feeds. By Alexis Baldera, for the Ocean Conservancy Blog.
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- Can a cod comeback keep a Canadian fishery afloat? By Jessica Murphy, for BBC.
- Deepest dive under Antarctica reveals a shockingly vibrant world. By Laurent Ballesta, for National Geographic.
- Airguns used in offshore oil exploration can kill plankton. By Jeff Tollefson, for Nature News.
Share your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!