Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Watch these freshwater rays (genus Potamotrygon) from this video by the California Academy of Sciences
- Follow Dr. Kara Feilich, a freshwater fish conservation biologist, on twitter!
- New fossil fills in whale evolutionary history. By Brian Switek, for Scientific American.
- How can scientists engage with policymakers? By new AAAS Leshner Fellow Meghan Duffy, for Dynamic Ecology
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- Can offshore wind power revitalize U.S. ports? By Benjamin Storrow, for Scientific American/E&E news.
- Amazon dams disrupt the ecosystem on an enormous scale. By Claire Salisbury, for MongaBay.
- Wildlife tourism won’t work without wildlife. By John Scanlon, for the Guardian.
Share your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!