UPDATE: Earl has passed us by and all is fine.
Follow the #BFTEarl hashtag on twitter for our coverage of the storm as it passes NC.
- Mandatory Evacuations are ordered for most of the barrier islands:
- Mandatory evacuation for guests of Currituck Outer Banks effective as of 10:00 am on 9-2-10.
- Voluntary evacuation in Tyrrell Co. effective immediately.
- Mandatory evacuation of everyone on Hatteras Island effective immediately.
- Mandatory evacuation of Dare Co. visitors.
- Mandatory evacuation for all visitors and residents in South Nags Head effective immediately.
- Mandatory evacuation for all visitors and residents of Ocracoke.
- Mandatory evacuation for everyone on Emerald isle and all of Bogue Banks in Carteret Co. effective 5:00 am 9-2-10.
- Mandatory evacuation in Pine Knoll Shores effective immediately.
Evacuation shelters located at Newport Middle School. Salvation Army will be serving food at all shelters beginning tonight.
Be safe out there.
~Southern Fried Scientist