Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Follow science illustrator Bethann Garramon Merkle on twitter!
- Great Pacific Garbage Patch is sprawling with more debris than thought. By Oliver Milman, for the Guardian.
- In Bali fish die-off, a human hand is suspected. By Luh De Suriyana, for MongaBay.
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- Mullet Mania. By Michael Patrick O’Neill, for Hakai
- Commercial fisheries of the Great Lakes. By Steve Midway, for the Fisheries Blog.
- Exploring the mysteries of Cuba’s coral reefs. By Brynn Nelson, for Science News for Students
- Antarctica’s krill fishery threatens whales and penguins. By Erica Cirino, for Oceans Deeply
- Decline in hunters threatens how US pays for conservation. From NPR’s All Things Considered.
Please add your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!
If you appreciate my shark research and conservation outreach, please consider supporting me on Patreon! Any amount is appreciated, and supporters get exclusive rewards!