Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Follow marine scientist and public educator Maeva Gauthier on twitter!
- Want to save the ocean? There’s an app for that! By Tim Fitzgerald, for the EDF blog.
- Historic deal to curb shipping emissions. By Anna Hirtenstein, for Bloomberg.
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- How culture guides belugas arctic odyssey. By Joshua Rapp Learn, for Smithsonian Magazine.
- Shell game: saving Florida’s oysters may destroy local culture. By Laura Reiley, for the Tampa Bay Times.
- Plastic is literally everywhere: the epidemic attacking Australia’s oceans. By Graham Readfearn, for the Guardian.
- Budding barnacle bonanza. By Heather Wiedenhoft, for Hakai.
- The shellfish gene. By Ed Yong, for the Atlantic.
- Why this insurer wants to put the spotlight on growing “ocean risk.” By Jessica Leber, for OceansDeeply.
- How deep sea fish got to be so exceptionally black. By Elizabeth Ann Brown, for National Geographic.
Please add your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!
If you appreciate my shark research and conservation outreach, please consider supporting me on Patreon! Any amount is appreciated, and supporters get exclusive rewards!