Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Follow YouTube science communicator Kurtis Baute on twitter!
- Ottawa designates two new areas as critical habitat for killer whales in B.C. waters. CHEK news.
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- Arctic lakes are vanishing by the hundreds. By Chelsea Harvey, for Scientific American.
- Even fish get the bends. By Anna Saleh, for ABC news
- Seals eye view shows shows Weddell seals playing, fighting underwater in Antarctica. From New Zealand’s One News Now
- Deep Seagrass Bed Could Stall Climate Change, If Climate Change Doesn’t Kill It First. By Emma Bowman, for NPR All Things Considered.
- Gila Trout: A Native Trout conservation story. By Steve Midway, for the Fisheries Blog.
- Warming oceans offer coral a new place to colonize. By Richard Kemeny, for Hakai
- Shorebirds can no longer count on the Arctic as a safe haven for rearing their young. By Mike Gaworecki, for MongaBay
- Alarming levels of chemicals in great barrier reef turtles. By Lisa Cox, fo the Guardian
Please add your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!
If you appreciate my shark research and conservation outreach, please consider supporting me on Patreon! Any amount is appreciated, and supporters get exclusive rewards!