Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Watch this manta ray in footage from Blue Planet 2!
- Follow Dr. Douglas Rasher, a marine ecologist, on twitter! (And read my interview with him for Gizmodo’s Earther here)
- Sea lions have unique whiskers that help them catch even the fastest fish. By Robyn Grant, for the Conversation.
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- The secret lives of jellyfish: robots, genetics, and world domination. By Simon Worrall, an interview with Juli Berwald, for National Geographic.
- The peaceful betta. By Joelle Montes, for the Fisheries Blog.
- Canada’s fish can’t ensure their own survival. By Rick Bates, for the Calgary Herald.
- Attenborough warns that the oceans are under the greatest threat in their history. By Damian Carrington, for the Guardian.
- Entanglements hamper right whale reproduction. By John Cannon, for MongaBay.
Please add your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!