Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Watch this skate seen on a SCUBA dive in Scotland! Video by Catherine Hollingdale
- Follow fish parasitologist Isaure de Buron on twitter!
- Judge halts Hawaii aquarium fishing until environmental review. By the AP.
- There are more fish in the sea, because the Magnusson-Stevens Act is working. By George Leonard, for the Ocean Conservancy blog.
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- A krill’s eye view of New Zealand seabirds. By Abby McBride, for National Geographic Voices.
- Indonesians plant trees to nurse seagrasses back to health. By Sean Mowbray, for MongaBay.
- This sea slug eats the turducken of the sea. By Steph Yin, for the New York Times
Share your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!