Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Follow Dr. Toby Daly-Engel’s shark research lab on twitter!
- Cod catch at an all-time low, but a rebound could be near. By Patrick Whittle, for the Associated Press.
- Right whale died from fishing gear. From CBC News
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- World’s biggest wildlife reserve planned for Antarctica. By Matthew Taylor, for the Guardian.
- Behind the blubber: seals are blamed for salmon declines, but the real story is more complicated. By Larry Pynn, for Hakai Magazine.
- Belize imposes offshore oil moratorium to protect coral reefs. By John Cannon, for Mongabay.
- The squid that sink to the bottom when they die. By Veronique Greenwood, for the New York Times.
- Your bright idea could save the great barrier reef! By Elaina Zachos, for National Geographic.
Please add your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!
If you appreciate my shark research and conservation outreach, please consider supporting me on Patreon! Any amount is appreciated, and supporters get exclusive rewards!