Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Follow graduate student Justine Hudson, who studies arctic marine mammals, on twitter.
- Prehistoric “sea monster” could be largest that ever lived. By John Pickrell, for National Geographic.
- Right whales think before they speak. By Jason Goldman, for Scientific American.
- UK could create 5,000 jobs by improving seafood sustainability. By Fiona Harvey, for the Guardian.
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- California mobilizes to save kelp, but will it be in vain? From OceansDeeply
- How getting fishing right can protect other threatened marine species. By Doug Rader, for the EDF blog.
- Marine noise is disturbing fish, physically and mentally. By Richard Kemeney, for Hakai.
- How to help penguins. By David Oehler, for MongaBay.
Please add your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!
If you appreciate my shark research and conservation outreach, please consider supporting me on Patreon! Any amount is appreciated, and supporters get exclusive rewards!