Fukushima continues to dominate the ocean news cycle, and while no one is denying that it is a real and ongoing tragedy, the woo is strong in the Fukushima fear-mongering community. Fortunately, the scientists are out in force, debunking the bunk and cutting through the crap to keep you informed. Here is a handy collection of detailed links, from trusted source, tackling some of the most egregious pseudoscience coming out of Fukushima.
Southern Fried Science
Deep Sea News
- True facts about Ocean Radiation and the Fukushima Disaster
- Three Reasons Why Fukushima Radiation Has Nothing to Do with Starfish Wasting Syndrome
- Is the sea floor littered with dead animals due to radiation? No.
- All The Best, Scientifically Verified, Information on Fukushima Impacts
- Are Your Days of Eating Pacific Ocean Fish Really Over?
- More Fukushima Scaremongering Debunked
- Dire Warnings and Melting Starfish: Fukushima Fearmongering, Volume 3
If you know of any other good articles debunking Fukushima fear-mongering, please leave them in the comments below.
If you feel the need to accuse any of the authors above of being shills for Big Nuclear, The Government, any Secret Board of Shadowy Figures, Tepco, or any combination thereof, I have an experiment for you: This website is ad free and run entirely by volunteers. Head on over the our “Support Southern Fried Science Page” and make a donation help to keep us running. Maybe, if you donate enough, we’ll start shilling for you (disclaimer: we won’t, but we will continue to produce high quality marine science and conservation articles from a diversity of voices).