- Follow wildlife illustrator Marc Dando on twitter!
- The rise of fishing apps. By the Fisheries Blog.
- Misled penguins swim to fishing grounds that no longer have food. By Katie Peek, for Scientific American
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- A pet crayfish is cloning itself and spreading around the world. By Sarah Zhang, for the Atlantic.
- Science at the speed of law. By Roberta Kwok, for Hakai.
- Why it’s better for the environment for salmon to eat insects. By Heather Brady, for National Geographic.
- Scientists watch ocean plastic hotspots form in real time. By Erica Cirino, for OceansDeeply.
- Earthquakes triggers spawning in rare fish thousands of miles away. By Shreya Dasgupta, for MongaBay
Please add your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!
If you appreciate my shark research and conservation outreach, please consider supporting me on Patreon! Any amount is appreciated, and supporters get exclusive rewards!