Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Watch this frilled shark swim in unusually shallow water off Japan
- Follow Dr. Rae Wynn-Grant, an AMNH conservation researcher, on twitter!
- Last call for vaquita, the panda of the sea. WWF reports that there are just 30 vaquita left in the wild, down from 60 last year.
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- Can you describe a new species from just a photo? By Darren Naish, for Scientific American.
- Fish Magnet (FAD) boom creates headaches in Indonesia’s war on overfishing. By Mike Cronin, for MongaBay.
Share your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!