Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Here’s NOAA Okeanos video of a “ghost shark” from 2013.
- Follow Dr. Brooke Flammang, a functional ecologist who works with sharks, robots, and lasers, on twitter!
- Here are the 9 species named after President Obama, a new record. By Jessica Boddy, for Science
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- A review of the year 2016 in science communication hashtags. By Asia Murphy.
- 9 fisheries scientists discussing marine protected areas. From the CFood blog.
- Which animals are we in danger of losing forever in 2017? By Joe Shute for the Telegraph
Share your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!