Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Watch thousands of blacktip and spinner sharks close to Florida beaches, courtesy FAU Elasmolab.
- Follow Madeline Cashion, a UBC Marine Conservation Ecology graduate student, on twitter!
- New research shows that fish may evolve rapidly to take advantage of marine protected areas. By Randy Shore, for the Vancouver Sun.
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- UK Haddock has lost its MSC sustainable certification. By Alexandra Topping, for the Guardian.
- Inside China’s almost-totally legal fisheries in West Africa. By Laura Malonee, for WIRED.
Share your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!