Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Watch the sharks at Palmyra Atoll, and check out my new article for Hakai Magazine about an important new study of this unexploited population.
- Follow Erin Dillon, a UC Santa Barbara Ph.D. student, on twitter!
- Derelict Fishing Gear and the Death of Chesapeake Bay Blue Crabs. From the NOAA Response and Restoration blog
- Growth spurts may determine a lamprey’s sex. By Erin Ross, for Scientific American.
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- How the aquarium trade can impact coral reef conservation. By Josh Cahill, for the Fisheries Blog
- How giant marine reptiles terrorized the ancient seas. By Traci Watson, for Nature.
Share your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!