Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Watch how guitarfish pull their whole eyeball inside their skull instead of blinking (learn more about this here)
- Follow Norah Brown, a UBC graduate student studying ocean acidification’s influence on marine ecology, on twitter!
- Dugong baby boom is good news for the Great Barrier Reef. By John Pickrell, for National Geographic.
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- Biodiversity moves beyond just counting species. By Rachel Cernansky, for Nature
- New species discovered behind a pub is saved from extinction. By Jeremy Hance, for the Guardian.
- Bioenergentics are key to keeping fish in the sea and in the store. By Caitlin Looby, for MongaBay.
Share your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!