Foghorn (A Call to Action!)
Flotsam (what we’re obsessed with right now)
After two weeks off, we’re back and bigger than ever!
Cuttings (short and sweet):
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- Fish with a switchblade and other animal weapons. By Liz Langley, for National Geographic.
- Fish and chips shops battered by soaring costs: Brexit threatens Britain’s national dish. By Jamie Doward, for the Guardian.
- Noisy reefs help fish find their way home. By Sue Palminteri, for MongaBay
- Something slithery this way comes: the difference between sea snakes and eels. By Emily Brauner, for the Ocean Conservancy blog.
- Catch and deceased. By Christopher Pollon, for Hakai.
- Why Atlantic species are invading the Arctic. By Eli Kintisch, for Vox.
- New Brunswick fishermen not happy with rules to protect whales. By Alexander Quon, for Global News.
- Chinese fish farm tests the waters with the world’s largest salmon cage. By Frank Tang, for the South China Morning Post.
- Unique Amazon coral reef at risk from oil drilling. By Amelia Urry, for OceansDeeply.
- Feds agree to list 75 remaining pink dolphins as endangered. By Ramona Young-Grindle, for Courthouse News
- How to save the high seas. By Olive Heffernan, for Nature.
Please add your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!
If you appreciate my shark research and conservation outreach, please consider supporting me on Patreon! Any amount is appreciated, and supporters get exclusive rewards!