Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Watch this tiger shark hunting a hammerhead shark, in amazing National Geographic footage!
- Follow Sarah Popov, a marine spatial ecologist interested in fisheries and conservation, on twitter!
- Whales in polluted water develop a new feeding strategy. By Jason Goldman, for Scientific American.
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- Whale poop is good for sea and sky. By Mary Reid Barrow, for the Virginian Pilot.
- Why don’t fish swim upside down? By Harrison Tassof, for Hakai.
- Armed robbers are now targeting these shellfish. By Kimon de Greef, for National Geographic.
- Plastics found in the stomachs of deep sea creatures. By Matthew Taylor, for the Guardian.
Share your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!