Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Watch this tiger shark hunting a hammerhead shark, in amazing National Geographic footage!
- Follow Sarah Popov, a marine spatial ecologist interested in fisheries and conservation, on twitter!
- Whales in polluted water develop a new feeding strategy. By Jason Goldman, for Scientific American.
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- Whale poop is good for sea and sky. By Mary Reid Barrow, for the Virginian Pilot.
- Why don’t fish swim upside down? By Harrison Tassof, for Hakai.
- Armed robbers are now targeting these shellfish. By Kimon de Greef, for National Geographic.
- Plastics found in the stomachs of deep sea creatures. By Matthew Taylor, for the Guardian.
Share your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!
If you appreciate my shark research and conservation outreach, please consider supporting me on Patreon! Any amount is appreciated.