Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Follow Kristina Tietjen, a marine conservation biologist working in Kiribati, on twitter!
- A case for wild flamingos calling Florida their home. By Joann Klein, for the New York Times.
- The underwater damage left behind by hurricanes. From NPR’s Weekend Edition.
- Even corals have microbiomes. By Jason Goldman, for Hakai.
- Life of an albatross. By Liza Lester, for the Ecological Society blog.
- Senate Committee to consider updates to fish act. By Beth Beard, for the American Fisheries Society blog.
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- The ocean’s twilight zone faces fishing threat. By Alistair Bland, for OceansDeeply
- What we don’t know about the arctic: a remarkable ecosystem. By Henry Huntington, for the Ocean Conservancy blog.
- Antarctica’s king penguins could disappear by the end of the century. By Matthew Taylor, for the Guardian.
- Dams are fragmenting the Amazon. By Claire Asher, for MongaBay.
- Saltwater lakes filled with jellyfish found in Indonesia. By Elaina Zachos, for National Geographic.
Please add your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!
If you appreciate my shark research and conservation outreach, please consider supporting me on Patreon! Any amount is appreciated, and supporters get exclusive rewards!