Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Watch this salmon shark. Video by Ravencroft Lodge in Alaska
- Follow Cassandra Ruck, a graduate student studying shark conservation genetics, on twitter!
- Coral reef fish suck up their meals with slime covered lips. By Erin Ross, for Nature News.
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- Crunch time for biodiversity: farming and hunting push thousands of species towards extinction. By John Cannon, for MongaBay
- Get in the sea: what should we do with coastal historical sites that will be lost to sea level rise? By Chitra Ramaswamy, for the Guardian.
- Living large: how whales got to be so enormous. By Andrea Marks, for Scientific American.
Share your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!