Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Watch aquarists at the PPG Aquarium at the Pittsburgh zoo target train a zebra shark so it comes when it’s called
- Follow PNG Sharks and Rays, a twitter account associated with a project studying “one of the last frontiers of marine biodiversity research,” on twitter.
- 5 things you should know about the Marine Mammal Protection Act. By Katie Hogge, for the Ocean Conservancy blog.
- First vaquita “rescued” in effort to save the species. By John Cannon, for MongaBay.
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- With cod making a comeback, Newfoundland looks to Iceland for the best ways to catch it. By Jane Adey, for CBC news.
- Fishermen try to outsmart bait-stealing seabirds to save them. By Tom Banse, for the Northwest News Network.
- Ocean acidification poses a deadly threat to marine life. By Fiona Harvey, for the Guardian.
Share your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!