We’re back after a 3 week conference attendance break!
Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Watch this blue-spotted stingray swim around an Oregon aquarium!
- Follow Dr. Kyle Newton, shark sensory ecologist, on twitter!
- Screams heard round the world: humans can easily recognize alarm calls of other animals. By Karen Hopkin, for Scientific American.
- Seals return to the Thames estuary is going swimmingly. By Damian Carrington, for the Guardian.
- AUTHOR’S NOTE: One link (to a twitter thread on scientist lab superstitions) has been removed due to some culturally insensitive comments in the thread.
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- Can the amazon river dolphin survive the catfish trade? By Maxine Chen, for MongaBay.
- Blasting through the Hunley mystery. By Evan Lubofsky, for Hakai.
Share your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!
If you appreciate my shark research and conservation outreach, please consider supporting me on Patreon! Any amount is appreciated.