Seals in the Thames, killing boto to catch catfish, and animal screams: Thursday Afternoon Dredging: August 3, 2017
We’re back after a 3 week conference attendance break!
Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Watch this blue-spotted stingray swim around an Oregon aquarium!
- Follow Dr. Kyle Newton, shark sensory ecologist, on twitter!
- Screams heard round the world: humans can easily recognize alarm calls of other animals. By Karen Hopkin, for Scientific American.
- Seals return to the Thames estuary is going swimmingly. By Damian Carrington, for the Guardian.
- AUTHOR’S NOTE: One link (to a twitter thread on scientist lab superstitions) has been removed due to some culturally insensitive comments in the thread.