Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Watch this sixgill shark swim in the coastal waters near Vancouver, in this clip from the Vancouver Aquarium!
- Follow Al Harry, Australian shark researcher, on twitter! Al has just joined, so welcome him!
- Sea lice feast of fresh meat as teenager left bloodied. Video from the Guardian. My official comment on this story can be found here. Also, here’s a video of some similar creatures skeletonizing a whole pig in a few days. (It is worth noting that some scientists are skeptical of this explanation of what happened to this Australian teenager.)
- Learn about whalefalls, an important underwater habitat made up of dead whales. Video and story by Julie Takahashi, for the Houston Chronicle
- How do you tag a jellyfish? By Diane Richards, for the Monterrey Bay Aquarium’s Conservation and Science Blog.