Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Watch this spotted eagle ray swim in Arkive footage.
- Follow Samantha Leigh, a graduate student investigating (among other things) how bonnethead sharks can digest seagrass, on twitter.
- Cecil the lion was killed 2 years ago, and wildlife authorities still struggle to protect animals in the park where he lived. By Christina Nunez, for National Geographic.
- Rare footage of crayfish spawning captured by divers in a marine reserve off Wellington, New Zealand. By Ruby Macandrew, for Stuff.
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- Extreme ice on Canada’s east coast. By Louis Helbig, for the Guardian.
- Where once there were mangroves, Javan villages struggle to beat back the sea. By Elizabeta Zavoli, for MongaBay.
- The bipartisan fight for quieter oceans. By Ed Yong, for the Atlantic.
Share your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!