Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Watch how goblin sharks feed
- Follow the Sawfish Conservation Society on twitter!
- Sturgeon survives kidnapping, stabbing, and wildfire. By Amelia Templeton, for Oregon Public Broadcasting
- UK coast haven for seabirds becomes a marine protected area. From The Guardian.
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- Can technology bring the deep sea to you? By Chris Mah, for Smithsonian Magazine.
- A tiny portion of the oceans can meet the world’s seafood demand. By Halley Froelich and Rebecca Gentry, for Scientific American (via the Conversation).
- Irma flattened the Caribbean. Who will pay to rebuild? By Nidhi Subbaraman, for Buzzfeed news.
Share your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!
If you appreciate my shark research and conservation outreach, please consider supporting me on Patreon! Any amount is appreciated.