Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Watch how goblin sharks feed
- Follow the Sawfish Conservation Society on twitter!
- Sturgeon survives kidnapping, stabbing, and wildfire. By Amelia Templeton, for Oregon Public Broadcasting
- UK coast haven for seabirds becomes a marine protected area. From The Guardian.
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- Can technology bring the deep sea to you? By Chris Mah, for Smithsonian Magazine.
- A tiny portion of the oceans can meet the world’s seafood demand. By Halley Froelich and Rebecca Gentry, for Scientific American (via the Conversation).
- Irma flattened the Caribbean. Who will pay to rebuild? By Nidhi Subbaraman, for Buzzfeed news.
Share your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!