Blending smartphones for science, understanding the environmental hazards of 3D printing, flooding the midwest, and ocean news, too! Monday Morning Salvage: March 25, 2019
Foghorn (A Call to Action!)
- Your regular reminder that the currently proposed 2020 US budget is a crime against the American People. Call your representatives, especially if you live in MD, LA, or NC.
Flotsam (what we’re obsessed with right now)
- The destruction of Beira is a catastrophe on a nearly unimaginable scale. ‘Almost Everything Is Destroyed’: Cyclone Idai Leaves Mozambique’s Fourth-Largest City in Ruins.
- It’s Official, This Is the Oldest Known Mariner’s Astrolabe in the World.
- After Two Decades, a Fishy Genetic Mystery Has Been Solved.
- A scientist faced down the ultimate cold case: How did two groups of fish separately evolve genes for making antifreeze?