Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Watch this hammerhead shark hunt and catch a stingray, from “Hunting the Hammerhead” on the Smithsonian Channel
- Follow Dr. Mariana Fuentes @Fuentes_MMPB, a Florida State University marine megafauna researcher, on twitter! Follow her for updates from her research, which involves sharks and sea turtles.
- Check out my interview on the Speak up for Blue ocean science and conservation podcast!
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- Why do sea horses swim upright, look like horses and have male pregnancy?
- The worst wildlife conservation stories of the year, and the best wildlife conservation stories of the year. Both articles by John Platt.
Feel free to share your own cuttings and spoils in the comments below!