Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Watch this manta ray in footage from Blue Planet 2!
- Follow Dr. Douglas Rasher, a marine ecologist, on twitter! (And read my interview with him for Gizmodo’s Earther here)
- Sea lions have unique whiskers that help them catch even the fastest fish. By Robyn Grant, for the Conversation.
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- The secret lives of jellyfish: robots, genetics, and world domination. By Simon Worrall, an interview with Juli Berwald, for National Geographic.
- The peaceful betta. By Joelle Montes, for the Fisheries Blog.
- Canada’s fish can’t ensure their own survival. By Rick Bates, for the Calgary Herald.
- Attenborough warns that the oceans are under the greatest threat in their history. By Damian Carrington, for the Guardian.
- Entanglements hamper right whale reproduction. By John Cannon, for MongaBay.
Please add your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!
If you appreciate my shark research and conservation outreach, please consider supporting me on Patreon! Any amount is appreciated.