Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Watch this basking shark feed in a video from Basking Shark Scotland
- Follow Ting-Chun Kuo, a seahorse conservationist who just defended her Ph.D., on twitter!
- Climate change is shrinking fish. By Craig Welch, for National Geographic.
- More whales are dying from shipstrikes then previously believed, because some sink. By KCBS news.
- Scientists attached cameras to penguins. Here’s what they found. By Sarah Gibbens, for National Geographic
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- How climate change cancelled the grizzly bear salmon run. By Ed Yong, for the Atlantic.
- Warming waters disrupt seabird’s food supply. By Robin McKie, for the Guardian
- Where in the World is Vladmir Putin? A biogeographical investigation. By David Steen, for Motherboard.
Share your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!
If you appreciate my shark research and conservation outreach, please consider supporting me on Patreon! Any amount is appreciated.