Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Follow Canadian ocean science communicator Kayla Glynn on twitter.
- NOAA’s status of stocks. By Steve Midway, for the Fisheries Blog.
- Antarctic seals recruited to measure the effects of climate change. By Alex Fox, for Nature News.
- 15,000 lionfish removed from Florida waters. By Ed Killer, for the Treasure Coast Palm.
- Plastic bag swallowing sperm whales are victims of our progress. By Phillip Hoare, for the Guardian.
- Ban on sunscreen chemicals proposed to protect coral reefs. By David Fleshler, for the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- The high-stakes battle over President Obama’s ocean monuments. By Alastair Bland, for OceansDeeply.
- A seachange in fisheries is needed to protect marine mammals. From WWF Environmental News.
- Porpoises flee from noise pollution. By Amorina Kingdon, for Hakai.
- For Army divers, excavating underwater tombs is a solemn, honorable duty. By Sean Kimmons, for the US Army news service.
Please add your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!
If you appreciate my shark research and conservation outreach, please consider supporting me on Patreon! Any amount is appreciated, and supporters get exclusive rewards!