Fog Horn (A Call to Action)
- The EPA is seeking public input on the new administrations approach to environmental regulations. They are required to seek public input. They are required to respond to public input. Go tell them how you feel. Public comments close May 15. Here’s the docket with instructions on how to comment: Evaluation of Existing Regulations.
Flotsam (what we’re obsessed with right now)
- Titanic Tourism. Like this article: To Visit Titanic Firsthand, New York Banker Dives Deep Into Wallet. I have thoughts. Oh so many thoughts.
Jetsam (what we’re enjoying from around the web)
- Deep-sea mining meets alternative energy: Renewables’ deep-sea mining conundrum. I once calculated that all the copper in Solwara 1 could make 800 1-megawatt wind turbines [note: I am not good at math].
- Two really cool expeditions coming out of Louisiana this year: Exploring Changes on the Gulf Coast and Ecology of Shallow Wood Falls. Neat!
- Begun, the crab wars have. Svalbard’s Snow Crabs: a Pincered Proxy for Arctic Oil.
- A wonderful piece on field notes and what they mean to past a future fisheries biologists from our friends at the Fisheries Blog.
- A tiny Iowa paper just won a Pulitzer Prize for tackling farm pollution. This mouse roars.
- Farm-raised superbugs find their way into kids’ noses somehow. This is fine. Every thing is fine.