Cuttings (short and sweet):
- How a sawfish uses its saw, from this paper by Wueringer and friends.
- Follow Kim Bassos-Hull @MsHullRay , a spotted eagle ray researcher at Mote Marine Laboratory, on twitter! Follow her for news (and awesome pictures) of her spotted study subjects.
- A call for more scientists and engineers to run for public office (by Sheril Kirshenbaum). Would you consider running for public office?
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- Good news: recent ecology hires are gender balanced (by Jeremy Fox)
- New marine reserve system offers rosy outlook for both the lobster and the lobster fisherman (by Jackson Landers)
- America’s fisheries are rebounding, and we can’t turn back now (by Jane Lubchenco)
Feel free to share your own cuttings and spoils in the comments below!