Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Watch this skate seen on a SCUBA dive in Scotland! Video by Catherine Hollingdale
- Follow fish parasitologist Isaure de Buron on twitter!
- Judge halts Hawaii aquarium fishing until environmental review. By the AP.
- There are more fish in the sea, because the Magnusson-Stevens Act is working. By George Leonard, for the Ocean Conservancy blog.
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- A krill’s eye view of New Zealand seabirds. By Abby McBride, for National Geographic Voices.
- Indonesians plant trees to nurse seagrasses back to health. By Sean Mowbray, for MongaBay.
- This sea slug eats the turducken of the sea. By Steph Yin, for the New York Times
Share your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!
If you appreciate my shark research and conservation outreach, please consider supporting me on Patreon! Any amount is appreciated.