Cuttings (short and sweet):
- Follow University of Victoria aquatic ecologist Rana El-Sabaawi on twitter!
- Can fish get fat? By Abigail Lynch, for the Fisheries Blog.
- National fish habitat effort focuses on imperiled waters. From the American Fisheries Society Policy News blog.
- The Ocean Conservancy blog made this great list of books every ocean lover should read in 2018. What are your favorite books about the ocean?
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- Hawaiian aquarium fishery closed pending environmental review. By Max Dible, for West Hawaii Today.
- Hopeful monsters and snapping shrimp. By Melissa Hughes, for Scientific American.
- Oceans suffocating as ‘dead zones’ quadruple in size. By Damian Carrington, for the Guardian.
Please add your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!
If you appreciate my shark research and conservation outreach, please consider supporting me on Patreon! Any amount is appreciated, and supporters get exclusive rewards!
My favorite ocean book is Call it Courage by Armstrong Sperry