- Watch this manta ray (or should I say mobula ray) at the Georgia Aquarium
- Follow Serena Wong, a graduate student at SFU studying shark and ray respiratory physiology, on twitter!
- 9 reasons you can’t help but love manatees. By Katie Hogge, for the Ocean Conservancy blog
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- Scientists surprised to discover a new species of butterflyfish. By Mike Gaworecki, for MongaBay
- What’s making all that Arctic noise? By William Halliday, for National Geographic Voices.
- Parasite lost: did our taste for seafood drive an extinction? By John Platt, for the Revelator
- What can jellyfish teach us about climate change? By John Abraham, for the Guardian.
Share your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!
If you appreciate my shark research and conservation outreach, please consider supporting me on Patreon! Any amount is appreciated.