Cuttings (short and sweet):
- How thresher sharks use their tails, from this paper by Oliver and friends.
- Follow Brit Finucci @BritFinucci on twitter! Follow her for awesome photos of her research with deep sea sharks.
- I love this commerical and I’m pretty sure that you will too.
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- Is it starting to get cold where you live? Learn about a frog that freezes and thaws, and more ways that animals cope with the cold. (By Liz Langley for National Geographic)
- Fishermen team up with scientists to reduce bycatch. (by Fred Bever for NPR).
Feel free to share your own cuttings and spoils in the comments below!