- Watch this tiger shark take on an albatross on some of my favorite National Geographic natural history footage
- Follow Dr. Maria Jose Juan-Jorda, a postdoctoral researcher studying sustainable shark and tuna fisheries, on twitter!
- To see a coelocanth. By Steve Midway, for the Fisheries Blog.
- Scientific expedition set to explore British Columbia’s glass sponge reefs. By Larry Pynn, for the Vancouver Sun.
Spoils (long reads and deep dives):
- How do you clean an oil spill off a polar bear? By the NOAA Response and Restoration Blog
- Whales die 70% less often if boats go slower. By Nathalie Sturgeon, for CBC news.
- Measuring fish abundance through acoustics. By Danielle Bettermann, for MongaBay
- Fish are mistaking plastic debris for food. By Fiona Harvey, for the Guardian
- Can we feed the world with farmed fish? By Alastair Bland, for NPR.
Share your own cuttings and spoils in the comments!
If you appreciate my shark research and conservation outreach, please consider supporting me on Patreon! Any amount is appreciated.